Even though we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia, I feel we sometimes forget the things we are thankful for – big or small. I think we don’t have to celebrate Thanksgiving to say thank you or have gratitude for the things in our lives. I wake up each morning grateful that I have woken up and have been given the gift of another day.
When I stop and think, I realise that I have many things to be thankful for. Some of these things I have included below but there are many more and each day may bring something new which I can also be grateful for.
- I am thankful that I can hear birds outside my window and not gun shots or bombs.
- I am thankful that I have my health, the love and support of my family and friends.
- I am thankful to be living in a country where females have the right to education, employment and equal rights.
- I am thankful to have clean water, food to eat, a roof over our heads and love to surround us.
- I am thankful for great weather.
- I am thankful I can share with those in need.
- I am thankful for my daughter, my ever patient husband and the love I receive from them.
- I am thankful to be able to share my love with family and friends.
- I am thankful to have the opportunity to work….or not, in paid employment.
- I am thankful for clean air, sunshine, rain, seasons, beaches, mountains, trees and flowers.
Most of all, I’m very thankful. I wish everyone in the USA a happy Thanksgiving and would like to ask you to think about what you are thankful for?